We are a highly respected, full-service, contract precision machine job shop, located in Sandston; right across from the Richmond Airport. We specialize in CNC milling and turning, EDM machining, custom welding processes, and critical component reconditioning. We’ve been in business since 1976, and are very proud of our 99.9% client acceptance rate on highly complex and technically challenging parts and assemblies that we manufacture for some of the best-known companies in the USA and overseas.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes Paid Time Off, 401K and employer match, Medical, Vision, Health Reimbursement Arrangement, Dental, Short Term Disability (100% company paid for), and Accident insurance. We are Employee Owned (ESOP), which means our employees have partial ownership of the company!
We provide our employees with free lunch 4 days per week, we have a 62,500 square foot climate-controlled facility, and we’ve purchased 3 new machines in the past 2 years. We do fun and interactive team-building events, to ensure our employees get a break from work while building long-lasting work relationships.
Kosmo Machine is seeking qualified and skilled CNC Machinists/Programmers who are proficient at programming / set-up / operation of CNC mill, cam software, wire, sinker, and or lathes to cut metallic and non-metallic parts to specified drawings and tolerances. Works directly with Shop Foremen / QC and Job Planners to maintain schedules.
Kosmo Machine Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Essential Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for set up and operation of CNC or EDM equipment in an efficient, responsible manner
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Review assignments to ensure programs, tooling, and materials are ready prior to machine set-up
- Recognize and properly use cutting tools, fixtures, and other tooling
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
- Measure, examine, and test fitment of completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform machining operations
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such as speeds, feeds, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut; enter commands to retrieve input, or edit computerized machine control
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required
- This position does not require supervising others
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language: ask clarifying questions, participate in active listening, deliver, and receive clear and concise information, direction, or instruction
- Excellent critical thinking, complex problem-solving skills; efficient identification of problems and development of creative solutions
- Process-oriented thinker who demonstrates exception attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently as well as to operate in a team setting; excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent time management skills creating productive and efficient usage of time
- Conscientious regarding attendance, punctuality, and quality of work
- Ability to handle pressure with a professional and respectful manner, exercising good judgment and self-control
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, trustworthy, personal integrity, and strong work ethic that demonstrates ethical business practices and promote forward thinking
- Willingness to do any task assigned or requested
- Ten years or more of CNC Machining experience required
- Proficient at CNC or EDM programming and machine operation
- Well-versed in various types of programming, with the ability to learn other types of programming
- Contract manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to perform mathematical computations and apply other math concepts to find practical solutions
- Read and interpret blueprints or drawings; demonstrate advanced knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance - (GD & T)
- Extensive knowledge of gages and measuring instruments required
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must pass background check and drug test
- $2,000 sign on bonus after 6 months of employment; certain restrictions apply
- Level 1: Intermediate Machinist - $21.00 to $26.00 per hour ($43,680 to $54,080 annually)
- Level 2: Advanced Machinist - $27.00 to $31.00 per hour ($56,160 to $64,480 annually)
- Level 3: Expert Machinist - $32.00 to $38.00 per hour ($66,560 to $79,040 annually)
- Second shift differential - $4.00 per hour
No resume required to apply! Simply fill out the form below.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to include: Medical, Vision, Dental, Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability (STD), Accident Insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).