We are a highly respected, full-service, contract precision machine job shop, located in Sandston; right across from the Richmond Airport. We specialize in CNC milling and turning, EDM machining, custom welding processes, and critical component reconditioning. We’ve been in business since 1976, and are very proud of our 99.9% client acceptance rate on highly complex and technically challenging parts and assemblies that we manufacture for some of the best-known companies in the USA and overseas.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes Paid Time Off, 401K and employer match, Medical, Vision, Health Reimbursement Arrangement, Dental, Short Term Disability (100% company paid for), and Accident insurance. We are Employee Owned (ESOP), which means our employees have partial ownership of the company!
We provide our employees with free lunch 4 days per week, we have a 62,500 square foot climate-controlled facility, and we’ve purchased 3 new machines in the past 2 years. We do fun and interactive team-building events, to ensure our employees get a break from work while building long-lasting work relationships.
Kosmo Machine is seeking a Reconditioning Parts Technician, who is responsible for the critical component reconditioning and precision cleaning process of parts that are worn, out of specification, and/or damaged. Reconditioning methods used are dry ice, soda blasting, and wet blasting. Inspect critical dimensions to ensure parts meet customer’s specifications. Transport parts as needed to and from the customer’s location using company vehicles.
Kosmo Machine Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Essential Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Transportation of various parts to and from customers as needed utilizing Company vehicles; require completion of detailed training to transport parts
- Set-up and operate various machines required to recondition parts in a safe and responsible manner
- Operate automatic ice blaster, manual ice blaster, wet blaster and soda blasting equipment as needed
- Cleaning of customer parts using blasting equipment, chemicals, and other various supplies; reconditioning methods used are dry ice blasting, soda blasting, and wet blasting
- Perform dimensional and visual inspections of parts using jigs, gages, and other measuring instruments; ensures parts meet customer specifications
- Record and track damaged parts in SharePoint, which are uploaded to the customer
- Proper loading and handling of parts with or without lifting equipment
- Perform daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on equipment
- Occasionally assist in other areas of the shop as required
- This position does not require supervising others
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with zero points required for transporting parts; Motor Vehicle Report is required as a condition of employment
- Ability to safely secure and transport items in Company vehicles
- Ability and willingness to work rotating schedule; available minimum of every other Saturday and holidays, which are based on a rotating schedule
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more with assistance
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language: ask clarifying questions, participate in active listening, deliver, and receive clear and concise information, direction, or instruction
- Good complex problem-solving skills; efficient identification of problems and development of creative solutions
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently as well as to operate in a team setting; excellent collaboration skills
- Good time management skills creating productive and efficient usage of time
- Conscientious regarding attendance, punctuality, and quality of work
- Ability to handle pressure with a professional and respectful manner, exercising good judgment and self-control
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, trustworthy, personal integrity, and strong work ethic that demonstrates ethical business practices and promote forward thinking
- Willingness to do any task assigned or requested
- Manufacturing experience and previous delivery and transport experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to use basic hand measuring tools
- Ability to use various types of blasting equipment and other various machines
- Computer skills required in this position (Microsoft Office Products)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Due to the frequency and weight demands listed below, this position requires an applicant to successfully pass a Cost Reduction Technology (CRT) Pre-Employment test – a strength and agility test
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) consisting of ear protection and gloves when working in the Reconditioning room
- $16.00 to $20.00 per hour
- $33,280 to $41,600 annually
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your Resume AND Employment Application which is a PDF fillable document. To properly submit the Employment Application, fill it out, save, and upload the document under Upload Attachments.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to include: Medical, Vision, Dental, Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability (STD), Accident Insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).